Gambling licensing: Antigua and Barbuda
The islands of Antigua and Barbuda belong to the group of Lesser Antilles and are considered to be the first locations officially facilitating gambling processes, as long as they offer offshore regulation of the gambling business. The first legislative grounds for this were established back in 1990s. Since that time, Antigua and Barbuda makes the list of six the most popular offshore centers of online gambling. Along with this very state, Curacao, Costa Rica and Malta offer the same services.
Distinctive features of Antigua and Barbuda jurisdiction
The government of this country treats relatively strictly those willing to obtain a local licence, enabling them to provide gambling services legally. The main gambling regulator of the country is the Gambling Department of Antigua and Barbuda, while the Commission of Financial Services is entitled to issue licenses to gambling operators.
The said offshore zone has a solid reputation and offers beneficial conditions for further commercial collaboration to private companies. Apart from the said above, the government doesn’t impose taxation on the international gambling activities, which is the most attractive condition while choosing a reliable offshore for your online casino.
The regulating bodies of Antigua and Barbuda focus on the security of their online resources, as well as on concealing their gaming content from the underage users (younger than 18). Interestingly, this country turned out to be one of those states that managed to defend their right to preserve online casinos and poker rooms during litigations with the authorities of the USA. As a result of court appeals and hearings, the offshore zone gained a compensation accounting for $21 mil., while the initial amount of compensation they claimed made up around $3,5 bil.
As long as Antigua and Barbuda is on the white offshore list, operators getting the licenses under its jurisdiction, automatically get the access to the client bases of the UK region. This is one of the main benefits of this offshore zone, as not every second license is accepted by the leading gambling countries these days.
In order to start a gambling company on these islands, entrepreneurs have to pay the equity capital. In order to accomplish this, you should have the legal address of the country, a director (a private individual or a legal body) and one shareholder (a private individual or a legal body).
Types of licenses and pricing policies on Antigua and Barbuda
The offshore zone provides you with several types of licenses legalizing your gambling activities, such as:
- Permission for the online casino accounting for $100 thousand.
- Licenses for betting providers, betting operators and betting terminals costs around $75 thousand.
- Licenses legalizing the rest of businesses in the offshore zone– the price depends on type of business.
The price of the application request for getting a license accounts for $10–15 thousand. Annual contributions to the local budget make up a sum not exceeding $100 thousand. Betting offices pay approximately $35 thousand, while operators of the virtual gambling houses pay a double fee that is around $70 thousand.
The advantages of licensing on Antigua and Barbuda
- The main advantage – no taxation.
- The right to host servers beyond the jurisdiction of this country, provided that the main server functions on the territory of the offshore zone.
- The gambling house, having the license issued on Antigua and Barbuda, can be physically located in any other place and administered through a nominal managerial board. This covers both the owners and the staff of the company.
- The islands have international offshore partners that you can collaborate with, provided that you have Antigua and Barbuda license for gambling.
- The possibility of capturing British audiences due to the fact that Antigua and Barbuda makes up the list of white offshore zones.
Slotegrator notes, that the choice of the offshore zone for your online gambling project depends upon the equity capital of the owner and a potential target audience. Offshore zones have their own advantages and disadvantages; however, regulating bodies of every jurisdiction tend to create loyal and favorable conditions, in order to open more possibilities for the companies to unfold their commercial activities.